Though the diagnoses of children with autism continue to grow, so too do the therapy resources available to parents. If you would like to learn more about autism spectrum disorder and the treatment options for it, read the following articles:
- Parents magazine separates autism fact from fiction for concerned caregivers.
- A diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder is based upon several methods of behavioral and developmental analysis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention explains how autism specialists screen for ASD.
- A highly effective autism treatment option is Pivotal Response Therapy. AutismSpeaks.org describes how this therapy benefits children with autism.
- As the U.S. National Library of Medicine reports, the social skills of a child with autism can greatly improve as a result of peer intervention.
- Parents of children with autism must take certain precautions to ensure the wellbeing of their children. WebMD.com lists some of these preventative safety measures.
STAR California provides autism therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder. To learn more about our support options or to schedule an appointment at one of our locations, call us today at (805) 624-6982.